GRE Biology Subject Test – Percentile and Ball-park Scores
Biology GRE Percentile Score
- Since the GRE subject tests are taken by students coming from a variety of universities, their scores prove to be wide ranging. Hence, there is the need for a common platform for calculating scores. The GRE uses two kinds of scores, the raw score and a percentile score.
- The percentile score is a simple process which calculates your performance on the basis of a comparison with other students, who are taking this test. Thus, it will indicate the number of students, who have scored less than you in the given paper. Thus if your percentile is 92, it indicates that 92% candidates are behind you in terms of scores.
- The percentile score is used by the college authorities to evaluate the performance of applicants among others when they apply to their colleges. Most of the colleges use this score though there are few others that use their own independent methods for evaluation.
Biology GRE Ballpark Score
- The Ball Park score is a yardstick used for selecting candidates who come for admission across several universities to the U.S. This method has been devised for them since it is difficult to judge their quality otherwise.
- The Ball Park score usually begins from 1300, since this is the mark around which most of the reputed graduation schools choose to take candidates for admission. You will be able to get through most of the prestigious universities if you have a Ball Park score of 80 to 90 percent.